Please include cover letter and resume by email application only:
Attention - Brian W
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
We are seeking a friendly and mechanically-inclined individual to join our team. If this describes you, we invite you to apply for our Crane Service Technician position. We strive to support our employees so they can achieve their best, so we offer a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits package, and on-the-job training to help you succeed.
This position is based in Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Our preferred applicant will have experience repairing overhead cranes or hoists and is able to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor while working with clients. Sling-Choker strives to offer outstanding customer service and that starts by supporting our employees to achieve their best. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision coverage, and vehicle allowances where applicable. The salary is negotiable based on experience and responsibilities. Training is available to fill in any missing skill sets and to help you succeed in this position.
- Perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs on overhead cranes and hoists at customer properties throughout Northwestern Ontario.
- Conduct in-depth inspections and troubleshooting to determine any failures or malfunctioning utilizing visual inspection techniques and technical test equipment.
- Clearly document all findings during the inspection and troubleshooting, and make suggestions to resume safe operation, outline the required repairs, or propose a replacement of the equipment.
- Create an itemized list of repairs and parts required to complete repairs.
- Complete and provide electronic documentation for the customer utilizing Sling-Choker's online inspection software.
- Complete service reports and other required documents in a clear, concise, professional, and timely manner.
- Maintain a supply of inventory and materials in the company vehicle and document usage as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others by ensuring all company-supplied equipment, vehicles, and assets are in a clean, safe, and working order. Follow and understand any codes or regulations required by the industries we service or operate within (OHSA, ANSI, IHSA, etc).
Education, Qualifications, or Requirements
- Millwright or Electrician qualifications an asset
- Being bondable is an asset
- A valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- A complete Covid-19 vaccination record
This position requires repetitive lifting of objects over 25lbs. and may require the lifting of objects as heavy as 100lbs. This position also regularly requires climbing, crouching, and kneeling.